Of course, you do not have to do much of anything, beyond keeping your tattoo clean and protected while it heals. Just by doing its everyday job of keeping your cells clean and tidy, your body's natural immune system does the work of removing your laser treated tattoo.
|This bad boy is a Macrophage. |
Macrophages destroy and eat foreign matter in the body,
such as destroyed tattoo ink.
However, if you are on the fast track, a self improvement campaign or simply an overachiever, here are some suggestions.
- Drink Water. Be well-hydrated when you come in for your laser treatment. The water in the cells help buffer the impact of the laser and the treatment hurts less. After your laser treatment, keep hydrated. Think about how much easier it is to take a shower with good water pressure. You will know when you have had enough fluids because your urine will be pale yellow.
- While hydrating, take Ibuprofen or Tylenol 20 minutes before your appointment. In the case of laser tattoo removal, pain is not helpful.
- Stop Smoking. Smoking damages your circulation and limits the amount of destroyed ink that can be removed. Smokers should wait longer between sessions.
- Yoga. By design, yoga stimulates the lymphatic system. Turns out it is not just the flexible showing off.
- Exercise so you breathe deeply and sweat. Even 10 minutes a day would help. No need to overdo it. If you aren't feeling creative, just walk around the block swinging your arms. And, remember to wear your sunscreen, of course.
- Fuel your body with the nutrients it requires to operate. Eat your fruits and vegetables. Eat fish. Your immune system needs healthy fats like olive oil, almonds and avocados. If you get confused, think about eating food that is naturally colorful. Or, take a multivitamin and Omegas.
|Tattoo Removal Food from simplyrecipes.com|